Friday, January 7, 2011

this is why you budget

My string of blog posts without true insight is about to continue.

Here is a list of my recent impulse buys and what was going through my head. 

 Casablanca DVD

 Casablanca Poster
 
It is ONLY 5 dollars!  Wow!  That is a ONCE IN A LIFETIME deal!  It is a classic, right?  Everyone should own it...and, oh man, who knows when the next time I might hit a deal this great.

-$5.00


Dress from Old Navy

 

I walked right into this one.  It was the Saturday before Christmas and I was Christmas shopping.  "Hmm...," I thought, "Maybe I'll go into Old Navy!"  The problem here is that no one who was left on my Christmas list had anything remotely close to "Old Navy items" on their Christmas lists.  My subconscious got me again.

We all know how it starts.  "Wow, that is a cute dress...Wait, they have it in MY size and THE color that I want!...I could at least try it on....It is only $20.00..."  Then it happens.  You try it on and it fits great, you have all the necessary accessories, you have at least 2 events scheduled for which you could wear the dress.

Ka-Ching.

-$20.00


Torani Classic Caramel Flavoring Syrup

 Torani Caramel Syrup

 My family bought me a new espresso maker for Christmas.  My roommate bought be Starbucks espresso coffee beans.  We all knew that this purchase was bound to happen.  At least it was 58 cents cheaper at Wal-Mart.  (This purchase was somewhat pre-meditated, but I really thought that my self-control would prevail.)

-$3.59


Elf Make-Up

See full size image






For some reason when something is only a dollar, it is okay. 

- $5.70

Next.


Granite City Pomegranate Margarita



This, my friends, is a pomegranate margarita.  Sure, I could have had a beer.  I was at Granite City, right?  It also would have been the manly thing to do.  Well, apparently a $6.50 drink is justifiable if one simply chooses a "cheaper" menu option.  So that is what I did. (I would like to note, however, that by going with the soup, my total was under $15.00)

-$6.50

1 comment:

  1. Bahahaha LOVE this!! "Ka-ching" And yes, an attractive item becomes a "must-buy" the second you realize it's only a dollar. That's totally justifiable. :) You're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete