Monday, November 15, 2010

Local Entertainment

One of my strategies for entertaining myself is to participate in the events found on local community calendars.  Genius...I know.  I thought I would share two of my relatively recent activities. 

First of all, I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings.  I always enjoy looking at the produce and observing the people that pass through the area.  One time I got a great deal on peppers and onions to use in this burrito salad.  It was super yummy.


Secondly, I attended St. Thomas Orthodox Church's Syrian-Lebanese dinner.  I even sacrificed some Sunday afternoon football to do so (I am committed to this stuff).  Pictured below is some baklawa I purchased from the old women manning the bake-sale table.  Don't worry, I shared.


What is evident from the two events I have attended so far is that I equate "entertaining myself" with eating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment